Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Evening: Quiet times ahead.

Well, the Saturday winter weather is over, and I think my forecast overall went fairly well. We did pick up 1" of snow up here on Lookout, with some mountains getting more, but the valleys didn't see much. For a period Saturday morning the snowfall sure was impressive, but it didn't last too long. But it sure was cold! But I'm pretty pleased with what transpired compared to the forecast. Wish we all could have had more!! Maybe next winter.

Now the rest of the work week looks rather benign until later on Friday. So until then, enjoy the sunshine and WARM temperatures! That's right, the temperatures look to reach the upper 60's and even perhaps 70's on Wednesday and Thursday. What a treat! The next threat of rainfall appears late this week/early weekend. I'll be tracking that and provide updates as we head closer to the event. With the very warm air, the severe weather threat is a there as well given the storm track. Again, too far away to predict with much certainty right now, but I'll be updating this potential.

Also, I have just purchased a scanner which I should be getting within' a few days. I'll be able to post maps now outlining where I think certain severe weather events will occur...both winter weather and severe thunderstorms. I'm looking forward to it!!

Have a wonderful evening.

~Jordan

No comments: