Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday: 11 PM

Evening everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting. I just hope that people are actually reading this. Please feel free to leave comments. Anyway, I am trying my best to come up with a winter forecast, and thanks to the Farmers Almanac Winter Forecast released today, I'm afraid it's left me even more uncertain as to what will really happen. If the Farmers Almanac is indeed correct, then the South is in for a winter it hasn't seen in many, many years. However, as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure if I agree with it this year. They called for a cold winter last year, but unfortunately it was a rather mild winter overall. But this is where I'm really mixed up on what to believe: everyone called for El Nino conditions last year, but they never materialized. This year, all, save for the Farmers Almanac, are calling for La Nina conditions. But after the bad calls last winter, I'm not sure if I want to believe that either. But I'm looking at other things right now quickly trying my best to get at least a glimpse of what I think will occur this winter. I for one am leaning towards a warmer winter. But at the same time, I need to keep in mind that this summer has been very hot, and history shows that these kind of summers often lead to very cold winters as well. So I have a ton of information to go over, and hopefully by October 1st, if not sooner, I will have my "outlook." But don't bank on it being 100% accurate. Given the conditions this year, I believe this is going to be the most unpredictable winter yet: it's going to be very difficult for anyone to predict an accurate forecast. So what will the winter bring? My initial thoughts are to go against the Farmers Almanac for the most part and say the winter, overall, will be milder and drier in part to La Nina. Now keep in mind I may very well say otherwise when my complete outlook comes out. Why? I'm keeping a close eye on just how strong la Nina is going to be. Also, the NAO and blocking patters will obviously be very vital to what this year brings. I am hoping VERY much that cold dominates this winter and that snow will finally fly like we haven't seen in years and years and years, but whether or not that will come true is still in question. Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you all got to see and enjoy the Lunar Eclipse this morning. It was very neat to say the least. Next one isn't too far away either: February 21st, 2008.

~Jordan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah after seeing how off everyone was with their winter predictions last year it's hard to know what to believe. I hope it's right though. I'm ready for a blizzard.

Oh and did you mean feb 27, 2008?

Anonymous said...

* feb 21

Jordan said...

Oops, yeah, I meant 2008. Thanks for pointing that out.